Neko

Friday, March 17, 2006

Promises, promises

I could throw out all the cliches in the world to describe what I believed no, know happened...

But I won't. Suffice it to say that Saon hasn't changed one damn bit.

Almost from the first day he arrived back in New Orleans, he's been calling me, making all these empty promises about wanting to get back with me, that he knew he wanted me for sure, "we musta been meant to be together", etc. etc. etc.

He wanted me to come to New Orleans. He'd pay my way there, pay for the motel, even buy stuff for me. Well guess what? None of that has happened. I didn't think it would. I knew he'd wimp out. Promises, promises... I've heard it all before. Only this time, I knew it would happen so I'm not disappointed.

And yes, if you're old enough to remember the eighties (not just have been born during them... sorry Dan, Jeff, Vincent, et al), this does remind me of a song by Naked Eyes...
(lyrics courtesy of Lyrics Crawler)


You made me promises promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises promises
Why do I believe
All of your promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises promises
Why do I believe


So a big raspberry in the general direction of Louisiana. I hope Saon knows he blew it big time this time. I don't care what his excuse is this time.

There is a reason why he's my EX boyfriend...


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--