Neko

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Busy

As I mentioned in the last post, I took Jeff to the mall so he could buy yet another manga (Japanese comic book). We have this routine: we separate when we get there, and meet at a predetermined place in an hour. So he went to Waldenbooks, and I walked around the mall with my CD player, listening to Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists.

Before I left with Jeff for the mall, I answered an ad at allaccess.com for a board operator position at a station in Alexandria, Louisiana. I emailed off a copy of my resume and a brief coverletter and pretty much forgot all about it.

Ten minutes after I arrived at the mall, my cell phone rang. It was the program director at the station in Louisiana that I had emailed not an hour before. We talked briefly, and set up a phone interview for tomorrow morning around 10am.

If I can't get a radio job in Oklahoma, Louisiana would be my next choice. Actually, anywhere in New England would be my next choice, but I'll take what I can get.

I thought Alexandria sounded familiar...

Daniel went to get some new tires for his car at the friendly neighborhood WalMart. He swears he gave them his grandmother's phone number and the they would call him, but they didn't. When I went to WalMart to get dinner, I stopped by the auto place, and the Cobalt had been done for about an hour at that point.

So I buy dinner, go home, pick up Daniel and drop him off at the auto center. I go back home and pop a pizza in the oven.

The rest of my evening has been spent doing varied and sundry other things. Oh. Joy.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--