Neko

Monday, September 19, 2005

I forego a trip to the fair for...THIS???

Got back from the WWE thing at the Ford Center about 90 minutes ago...

It was the most contrived piece of shit I've ever seen in my four and some decades on this planet!

In my head, I predicted the outcome of every match. Every match followed a specific pattern and was so obviously choreographed that even a six year old could figure it out. If the audience cheered for a certain "wrestler", that guy won. There are bad guys and good guys. It's a real life cartoon, except with mock physical violence and fake blood.

There was this cage match where these guys fought over some ass ugly, overly made up, tattoed chick. She had "dated" one guy for 6 years before the other guy stole her away. Even the make out scenes were not convincing. These two morons beat the snot out of each other, then the predictable outcome: the "good guy", the one who lost his girl to the "bad guy", won, as I knew he would.

What really got me was the audience. They utterly believed this crap was real, and some paid nearly $200 to sit near the ring! Lots of people brought signs for their favorite wrestlers, and cheered as if this was the NBA finals!

And all I could do is sit there and shake my head in disbelief.

==================

A bit of bad news: Dean and Tori's dog Buffy passed away today from a brief illness brought on by an infection. My niece Amalia, and my youngest son, Marc, didn't take it well at all, according to Jeff.

Now there's just Nick (a husky), who's pretty damn old himself, and Betsy (some kind of border collie mix), left.

=================

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--