Neko

Friday, August 05, 2005

Where have all the good men gone?

They're either married/taken, gay, or dead.

What does it take to find a decent man? One who takes you as you are, warts and all, who has no baggage (kids are okay), who knows how to treat a woman right, doesn't lie right to your face (and you know he's lying), and does things for you for no reason except that he cares about you. I can't remember the last time I got flowers from someone for no reason (and my birthday, Valentine's Day or Christmas doesn't count).

I don't need the bullshit, the drama, or the frustration that dating entails. I'm 41 years old and a full time student for God's sake, I don't have time for all that crap! If he's not intimidated by a lady DJ in training, then he still has to have all the qualities listed above.

And he has to be bewteen the ages of 29 and 50. I'm not going to date someone young enough to be my son or old enough to be my father.

I have my self worth and my self esteem. If a man only wants to break me down emotionally, then don't darken my doorway. If a man can't see me for who I am right now, then don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya on the way out. I ain't changing for no man, no way, no how. If I am not good enough for you as I am, see ya (wouldn't wanna be ya!).

I want to be in a relationship, but I want to get it right this time. I am faithful to a fault, and I think that's part of my problem. I'm faithful even when all the signs say I should pack it in. So if it takes me a while to find that good man, then it takes me a while. For all I know, he could be right under my nose.

And, try as I might, I can't think of one funny thing to say about this subject. I'm too tired for that right now.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--