Neko

Thursday, June 30, 2005

One less thing I have to worry about...

On the way to school yesterday, I finally heard from DRS. My worker's secretary called the house, and upon learining I wasn't there, called my cell. I never heard the cell phone ring, so she left a message. The school will get their money, and I'll get my money for transportation costs. the checks should arrive at their respective destinations either later this week or sometime after the 4th of July holiday weekend.

The transportation costs are for gasoline only, however. So if my vehicle needs maintainence, I'm on my own. With gas at over two dollars a gallon, I fear that money isn't going to last long. It would have been nice to get money to make sure my vehicle stays in running condition, but I guess I should be happy for what I do get.

The van needs an oil change and a tune up desperately! Yesterday, I didn't think I'd make it home from school. The van was acting really odd. When I get that money, I'm going to get those things done, and pray I haven't caused any damage because I'm a month past when I should have gotten an oil change.

There was a really bad accident right in front of the school yesterday. Paramedics had to use the Jaws of Life to get one guy out of his car and into an ambulance. He appeared to be very badly injured. The other driver, who apparently caused the accident, appeared to be a bit shaken up. His truck was totalled and I thought I saw the police on the scene hand him a stack of tickets.



Well, Saon never did call back after I told him the other night when he called that I couldn't talk at that time. I'm guessing that he didn't get another chance to call. I'm not going to worry about it. If he calls, he calls.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--