Neko

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Nap? What's a nap?/Saon called/and other trivialities

Joey was go go go the whole time he was at the house today. I'd love to have that much energy; even half as much energy as that kid has! Sheesh, he makes me feel sooooo ooold!

He spent most of the time wearing an old shirt of Jeff's because he "urped" on the one he was wearing, in addition to the pants Jeff had on.

This child does not take naps. At least at our house he doesn't. Reminds me of Daniel when he was that age.

My sister took her sweet time running her errands, and was not back by the time I left for school. Mom told me later that Tori finally showed up about half an hour after I left.

=====================

Saon called last night. I had e-mailed him the link to the story I put in the post about the indictment of the ride supervisor in Massachusetts, and he called out of the blue to talk to me about it.

He asked how I was doing in school, and I told him. He seemed pleased I was doing well. He asked if I would be looking for jobs in Louisiana after I graduated, and I said I might consider it. I don't know if I will or not. I just may stay in Oklahoma, or go with my original plan of trying to get back to New England.

Besides, I don't like the picture I'm seeing in my mind of going to Louisiana, getting back together with Saon, then having him pull the same shit he did the last time I was there. Thank you, but no. I'm not having any of that again.

I need some stability in any future relationships, not this "yes-i-love-you, no-i-don't" bullshit. If he wants to sleep with all the hoes on the Westbank, they're welcome to him. I can't live my life that way. I have a little bit more faith in myself than that. He led me down that proverbial garden path once, and look where it got me: no-fucking-where. I'll be damned if I'll allow him to do it a second time.

I will always care for him, but there's no future with him. He's just too unsettled, too quick to do something, then regret it later. I'm far beyond playing these games with him.

And the only thing that comes to mind is this: I'm too old to go chasing you around, wasting my precious energy. (Tracy Chapman, "Give Me One Reason")



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--