Neko

Thursday, April 28, 2005

I've been meaning to look this up...

When I was still with the carnival, we had a spot in Hebron, Connecticut to play. A caravan of us were driving there from a spot in Springfield, Maine. After a stop at the "Winter Quarters" in Salisbury, Mass., we drove into Connecticut and passed this bridge where there were two gigantic frogs sitting on huge spools of thread. I thought the bridge was rather comical and took a picture of it with the little throw away camera I had with me.

I just looked up that bridge on Google, with nothing more for info than "frog bridge" and Connecticut. Turns out that I was right in thinking that it was in Willimantic. What I didn't know was the history involved. It's pretty comical in itself in hindsight, but at the time, I'm sure it wasn't.

For the pictures of the bridge, go here. For the history of the bridge, go here (there are pictures here, too).

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--