Neko

Thursday, April 28, 2005

On the eve of the Downtown Edmond Arts Festival...

I received an email from JC...and he's having another showing of his artworks beginning next week!

From the tone of the message, it sounds like this is the big deal! I am so thrilled for him! My only regret is that I can't go to Massachusetts and see this for myself. Perhaps if things go my way with school and such, I might get to see one of JC's art shows yet.

I wasn't the only one who got this email. I think JC sent it to everyone he's ever known, because there had to be at least 100 names listed in the "TO:" section.


This weekend is the Downtown Edmond Arts Festival. They've already started closing off the section of Broadway that hosts the festival. I'd like to get down there at least once this year, like I have the last 2 years. I read in the paper that Edgar Cruz is supposed to perform, but didn't say when. I saw him on a show on the local PBS station, and have wanted to see him in person ever since.

And some of the art there is fantastic! I'd hoped that JC would come here to show his stuff, but I guess he's staying locally in Mass. for now.

Man, I want to go to Massachusetts in the worst way! But, I have school and my future radio career to think about here.

But, I am happy for JC. He's waited all his life for this, and now this is his 2nd big show (first one was last year, I think).


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--