Neko

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Some days

...it doesn't even friggin pay to get up in the morning!

Okay, it did pay some, I'll admit. Yesterday was my sister's 40th birthday. She's not thrilled with being 40 so far. She wore black. Ha. Ha.

She had her usual appointment this morning (whatever it is. I honestly don't know). She called and asked Mom if she could bring Amalia over because she wasn't feeling well and didn't go to school. For a change, Amalia's 2 year old brother was feeling great and went off to his "school", so we didn't have to watch him as well.

Amalia seemed to feel okay most of the time she was with us, up until about five minutes until Tori came to pick her up. She then told me that she needed some Tylenol. So I gave her some Tylenol and she went to lay back down on the couch. She felt hot, so I hoped that the medicine would help.

Tori then arrived with Joey in tow. Joey had gotten a haircut (no more blonde curls! Boohoo!), and his nose wasn't running as it's wont to do.

I went to go cash my check (I got paid for the Mellencamp show I worked at three weeks ago), and on the way to the bank, I ran out of gas. (RANT ALERT) No one stopped to help me get my car out of traffic, no one stopped to help when I ended up pushing my own car, and I had to bully these two teenage boys into helping me get the car into the McDonald's parking lot, which is right across the street from both the bank and a gas station.

Then, AAA wouldn't help me because they somehow found out that I am not the person with the AAA membership (it's my mom), so I'd have to pay for any services they sent to me, so I told them to forget that! I had to buy a gas can at the Seven-Eleven because they don't have one for the public to use, then buy gas to fill it.

I get back to McDonald's where the van is at, put the gas in the tank (all two gallons of it), and found that the engine wouldn't turn over. Meanwhile, I'm running late for school.

I ended up calling Daniel to come give me a jump, and by 4pm (the time I should have been at school) I was on my way.

To say that I was frustrated at every turn would be an understatement! When I discovered that the car wouldn't start, I just sobbed, and this guy in a truck over on Danforth actually saw me doing this, but did he come over to see what was wrong? Hell, no!

I could have been dead or unconscious in that van while it was blocking traffic, and everyone would have still avoided me like the plague. Their mentality is just go around the stupid idiot in the stalled car. None of the people driving on that street at the same time would go out of their way to help me! Well screw the lot of them!

And yesterday was the day when all they talked about was the "Oklahoma Standard" (It was the 10th anniversary of the Murrah building bombing in Oklahoma City). Well, I sure as hell didn't see it! (END RANT)

I finally got to school an hour late, but no one said anything to me. I'll make up the hour when I go in the morning.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--