Neko

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Holy run on sentence, Batman...

I got another email from Saon.

And that's exactly what his message was, a very long run on sentence. He did get his message across, so I guess I can forgive the lack of punctuation.

I realize that I am kinda anal about things like that. I've been like this all my life. Hell, I was even correcting Bill O'Reilly today (OK I was yelling at the radio, so I wasn't literally correcting him). The guy has two degrees for crying out loud! He was a teacher! Of all people, he should know about correct grammar!

I still remember Saon asking me to "speak English" when I threw a three-buck word at him one day while I was visiting him in Gretna in 2003. I can't help it, it's just my nature to speak the way I do and not dumb myself down for anyone.

I'm a writer, words are my business. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm in school to be a broadcaster, and words are my business in that field as well.

However, I know that not everyone has had the same educational advantages I've had. So I can overlook it when Saon dashes off an email where there is no punctuation. He gets his message across just fine without it. Just like Instant Messaging. I just have to look at it that way.

After all, this is the internet. The usual rules don't always apply.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--