Neko

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Pass the Tylenol, please

I have this killer headache. I woke up with it this morning and it has left and returned sporadically all day long. And frankly, I'm kinda annoyed it has returned yet again.

I got all of four hours of sleep last night. I had planned on sleeping until 7:30am, but I had to get up at 6am to pee, and after that, I couldn't get back to sleep. Then I had to be at school at 10am, so sleeping for another hour after taking Jeff to school wasn't an option.

In last night's post, I mentioned that Saon sent me an email telling me that he and his ex got back together, and that he's glad I'm in school and doing well. I said something in that post to the effect of that I have mentioned in this blog a couple of times about how Saon and his ex break up and get back together more than any couple I've ever known (and I don't even know her!), and that I was too tired to look up the particular post at that moment.

This morning, I looked up the post. Or rather, posts. There were thirteen entries where I mention both of them by name, and most of those were about his troubles with her, that he was supposedly done with her, yadda yadda yadda.

I know that I should just let him go on with his life, and let him screw it up even more than it already is, but I can't seem to let it go. I know she's bad for him, he's bad for her, but it's not my call. I should just walk off into the sunset and leave them be, but dammit, I still care for the guy, and I don't want to see him get hurt yet again by this thoughtless girl.

But, as I said, it's not my call. I only pray that Saon's happy with his choices. I just want him to be happy, period.

So here I am, dealing with this the best I can with what little sleep I had, and I come home from school this afternoon and there's an email from JC in my inbox.

JC and I have been corresponding via email the whole time I've been in Oklahoma. He's the only one from Massachusetts that I have regular contact with besides Jon. He's been a great friend to me, and I had hoped I could return the favor one day.

That day was today. On Sunday, JC went thru a rather humbling and embarrassing experience, and he told me a little about it in his email. This faltering has forced him to examine his life, and he needs his friends now.

I wrote him an email that I hope conveys how I value him as a friend, and that if there is anything I could do to make this burden he now bears easier, to feel free to lean on me.

(And, please, Lord, I hope I didn't sound condescending or trite in my reply.)

This is a switch: I'm doing better now that I have in the last two years, and my friend has hit a rough patch. I hope and pray that I can be the friend to him that he has been to me.

Lean on me, when you're not strong
I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on


Okay, now for some cool news: Daniel bought his car today! I may have mentioned somewhere that Daniel was looking at getting a 2005 Chevy Cobalt. Today, he bought it! He had a loaner because his actual car won't be ready til tomorrow, but those Cobalts are huge! It's a small car, but it has all kinds of room in it. The trunk is insanely big. Mom joked that one could put a body back there. Daniel took me for a ride and it's a smooth car. Daniel's loaner Cobalt is an automatic, whereas his actual car will be a standard.

Daniel saved his money, did his research (the car guy that he is), and got a good deal on the car. Since he had no credit rating yet, Dean cosigned the loan. If he pays everything on time, the car will be paid for in 5 years. I told Daniel that I am proud of him for saving his money, setting a goal (buy a car) and working to reach that goal. Not bad for a 21 year old, eh? Yeah, I'm one proud mama!


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--