Neko

Saturday, March 19, 2005

I must've been insane...

I went out to the Ford Center yesterday morning and literally stood for 12 hours. I was part of a team that checked handbags, camera bags, backpacks, etc., at the NCAA basketball tournament in Oklahoma City. There were four games yesterday in two sessions (two games in each session), and the Ford Center had to be completely emptied between sessions so that the cleaning crew could do their job.

My feet hurt like a mother when I left! I was assured that events like the tournament were a once-in-an-every-two-or-so-years occurance. Most events at that venue are five to six hours, and I wouldn't be asked to stand for those long periods of time. I have to call in at 10am on Tuesdays to see what assignments are available for the upcoming week. I have the option to pick and choose which events I want to work, so if I didn't want to work at the upcoming John Mellencamp show, I don't have to (I like John Mellencamp, so if I wanted to, I'd work that show).

My muscles in my legs are still really sore, and my feet are still achy, but I think that is from the rheumatoid arthritis more than the long hours standing. I am really sleepy, too. Maybe I'll take a nap before dinner.

Oklahoma State won their game yesterday. They play again tomorrow at the Ford Center. I'm not working tomorrow. I'll watch the game on TV like the rest of the sane folks.

The true meaning of "March Madness"? Twelve thousand people wearing orange and every OSU thing under the sun, the moon and the stars.

Go Eddie* go!


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--






*Eddie is Eddie Sutton, the long time coach of the Oklahoma State men's basketball team. He doesn't smile much, but he seems like a nice guy.