Neko

Friday, March 25, 2005

You say it's your birthday

Today is my cat Columbus' birthday. He was born under the dresser in my bedroom in Norfolk, Virginia 6 years ago today. He was part of a litter of two; unfortunately, his littermate was stillborn and rather deformed.

Columbus got his name when he was 3 weeks old, when he ventured out from under the dresser and out of his mother's protective gaze and made his way across the bedroom floor. I picked him up and told him that since he liked to explore, that I was going to name him Columbus. About that time, his mother came out from under the dresser to retrieve her errant kitten. She picked him up by the scruff of the neck and took him back underneath the dresser.

========

Today's also Elton John's birthday. Man, I wish I could have seen him at the Ford Center the other night. The show got great reviews.

=======

Yesterday was my former landlord, Paul's, birthday. I sent him an e card, and he opened it, but he's not talking to me. C'mon, man, I know we have an unresolved issue, but at least say "thank you". It's not like I'm trying to get out of said issue, but really, Paul, it's a little beyond my control at this time. Surely even you can appreciate that. Happy Birthday, Paul. I hope you had a great day.

======

Next Wednesday is Jeff's and Dean's birthdays, and Thursday is Joey's 2nd birthday.

======

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--