Neko

Monday, March 14, 2005

After basically giving up on the getting a job thing

I may have a job.

This is just fell into my lap. At school today, someone had mentioned that he had seen two concerts in the last week. I mentioned that I wish I could go see Elton John when he came to the Ford Center next week, because the last time I saw him in concert was nearly 23 years ago (some friends and I went as a graduation gift to ourselves), this guy said that he worked as a security guard at the Ford Center and that there were jobs available with the security company he worked for. He gave me the name, phone number, and contact name for this place, and I called them when I got home from class today. I have an interview tomorrow morning!

This would be, if I get it, a "part part time" gig. I would work whenever there was a big event at the Ford Center, that the job isn't an everyday thing. Right now, I'll take anything to get a little money for myself.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Just yesterday, I told my mom that things will start looking up because I want them to. And it looks like it did!

(Thanks, JC! It works!)


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--