Neko

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Stuff

Went to the school to see Scott in the eighth grade play, King Midas and the Touch of Gold. Scott played Jason, leader of the palace guards, and had a rather significant speaking part. The play was very good, even though Amalia kept telling me what was going to happen because she had seen the play at school already. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was already familiar with the story of King Midas. Afterwards, Scott went to the cast party at a local restaurant and would be brought home.

Turns out that my sister couldn't come because she had somehow fallen and whacked her head pretty hard, enough to raise a huge knot (according to Dean) and lose consciousness briefly. When Daniel came to the school to see the play, Dean sent him home to keep an eye on Tori.

==================

Had a nice brief chat with Keith from Recycled Electrons on Yahoo! Mess (up) enger before Jeff and I left to go to the play. We talked about a number of things, then he had to go, and I had to go. Check out his blog while you're at it, why don't you?

==================

Mom thinks she had a strain of the flu that the flu shot she got last fall doesn't cover. She and I got sick around the same time (after my birthday), and she's still not feeling up to snuff.

Me, meanwhile...well I think that my simple garden variety cold is now a case of infected sinuses. It hurts like a bitch! That's another thing I didn't get before I came here. I've not had a sinus infection since I was in my early 20's and still living in Seal Beach, CA. I think I was pregnant with Jeff at the time. This time though, I think I am getting everything coming down the pike because my immune system is lowered due to lack of restorative sleep. At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

==================

I got the book I ordred with part of the money I got for my birthday today. I wasn't expecting it for a while. I'm glad that it got here so quickly. I still have a little of that money left, maybe I'll see what else I can get.

=================

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--