Neko

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Chatty kids and a "bumpah stickah" I don't agree with

I made two trips over to WalMart today. Both times, I ran across kids that would have talked my ears off if I (and their parents) had let them.

Trip #1-- Three kids and their mom were in the seasonal items aisle (now filled with Easter stuff), and the baby in the cart was just too cute sitting there chewing on a box of Jello gelatin mix. I remarked that the Jello would be better if he'd let mommy make it. That gave his older sister and brother the clue that it was cool to talk to me, so they each started telling me about the toys they each were holding. The boy had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy, and his sister had a Little Mermaid toy. I mentioned to the mom that my boys liked the Turtles when they were her son's age. She asked how old my boys were now, and when I told her, she seemed surprised that I had kids that were adults.

Trip #2-- I hadn't even gotten out of the car when I heard a little girl ask me what my name was. When I got out, she asked again, and I told her. She asked me if I were going to buy toys, and I said I wasn't, that I was going to buy groceries. Her family was getting ready to leave in their little and very dirty (they went mudding before coming to the store?) car. I went on my way and the girl told me it would be warm in the store.


Also in that second trip, there was a van in the parking lot that was leaving as I was going back out to the van. It had a bumper sticker on it that said, "I Vote By The Book". There was a Bible pictured on it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I read the Good Book, and it has a lot to say about a lot of things. However, I don't believe I've ever read anything about how one should vote for persons seeking higher office.

These are the people Bush appeals to. There is nothing in the Bible to my knowledge saying, "thou shall elect someone to higher office who lives by the Word of God."

We all try to live by the Word of God, but, after all, we are human, and we all make mistakes. George Bush is no different, so why are all these people trying to put him on a pedalstal? Do they he's perfect, that he's the answer to the country's prayers? I mean, look what he's done so far-- he's gotten us into a war without just cause (no WMD's), he's given us a record national debt, and he wants to "fix" Social Security by taking our hard earned money and putting it in "retirement accounts" that are invested in the stock market (though he says that these accounts will be voluntary. Yeah, right, sure they will...).

As you may have guessed by reading my blog for any length of time that I am not a fan of the current resident of the White House. I don't think he's doing a good job, and I still cannot believe that he got reelected. His approval ratings sink lower and lower...where were these before the election? I'm sure they were there, and I know I've bitched about it enough...

I'd rather listen to overly talkative kids than to the President of the U.S. of A. any day!


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--