Neko

Monday, February 07, 2005

Pats Win! Birthday Lunch. Bug Update.

Not necessarily in that order.

Jeff was feeling better on Sunday...at least he wasn't throwing up everything he ate. We weren't expecting to go anywhere, but Tori called and asked if Jeff was up to going anywhere. Jeff told me he was, then Tori asked where I wanted to eat since my birthday is Wednesday. The only place I could think of was Outback, so that's where we ended up going. It was a bit pricey and Mom tried to make feel bad about my choice. She's been doing that a lot lately, trying to guilt me about decisions I make about just about everything.

We all had a great time at Outback, except Joey. He was majorly crabby and nothing made him happy. Tori ended up taking him in the car to calm down, so she didn't eat with us.

We sat near the bathrooms (that's where there was a table large enough to accomdate all ten of us), which were labeled "Blokes" and "Sheilas". This teenager comes wandering down our way looking for the men's room. He seemed confused as to which bathroom door to go through. Daniel just looked at him and said, "Dude, you're a 'bloke'." The kid just says, "Thanks, dude," and disappears into the restroom. Later, Amalia went to the restroom on her own, and at almost 6 years old, she knew she was a "sheila" (maybe her daddy told her, I don't know).

====================

PATS WIN!!! 24-21 over the Philadelphia Eagles.... nyah, nyah, nyah!! LOL

Best commercial: Anheiser-Busch's ad that showed military folks coming off a plane, and everyone in the terminal stopped what they were doing and applauded as the troops walk by.

====================

The bugs weren't really gone, it turns out. Jeff went to school today, then came home because after one class, he felt kinda rough. He emailed the profs whose classes he was going to miss, then went to bed.

When I picked up Daniel at work this afternoon and took him home, both Tori and Joey were sleeping. Tori left a note for everyone asking that they be quiet when they came in because she was not feeling well and Joey was sleeping.

====================

Just a couple more things I have to do to get started on a long deferred goal of mine. I'm totally psyched! I have a meeting on the 15th, then the training begins in March. I'm so excited about this I almost can't stand it!! Only good can come from this...

====================

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--