Neko

Sunday, January 30, 2005

There goes another one...

growing up before I'm ready to handle it.

My 13 year old, Scott, bought some CD's (the music kind) with money he'd gotten from Dean's parents for Christmas a couple of weeks ago. I knew he was going to get some CD's because that's what he told everyone he was going to do. One of the CD's was Green Day's American Idiot. The insert from the CD was laying on the counter at my sister's house and I asked who's CD it was (because Daniel lives there, too, and it could have been his). Scott said it was his, and I was rather impressed. Now, 2 out of 4 sons likes the same music I do. Marc doesn't know what he likes yet, and Jeff likes classic rock better than the stuff that's more current (this is the same kid who's looking at a 1951 Chevy truck for his first car!). Jeff blames Daniel for Scott's interest in current rock music. I said, "So?"

Anyway, Scott let me listen to part of American Idiot before everyone went to the Pinewood Derby Friday night (Tori, Amalia, Joey and Daniel stayed home). I'd picked Daniel up at work, so that's how I ended up at my sister's to begin with.

Scott is also about two inches taller than I am, but not quite as tall as my sister (I'm 5'6", and Tori's 5'9"). I said around Scott's birthday last May that he'd be taller than me by then, but I never dreamed that he'd be taller than me by my birthday!!

They grow up so fast. Physically, at least. Maturity-wise...well that's another story.

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--