Neko

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

This is getting out of hand

For the last several months, I have been getting things in the mail and in my email inbox that I didn't ask for. Recently, I got a box of books I supposedly ordered from a book club. I know I didn't order them because I don't have the funds to pay for them. I've gotten magazines that were tailored to my interests, religious items, and now, someone calling me on the phone telling me that he needs to verify some info for my credit limit increase!

First of all, I don't have anything that requires a credit limit increase. No credit card, no mortgage, no loans... I told the man on the phone that I was not interested, and that I did not request any information. When he didn't take no for an answer, I told him I was hanging up. I could hear him yelling my name into the reciever as I disconnected the call.

Then, I read this.

I'm keeping the books I got. I didn't order them, therefore I can legally keep them. Whoever is giving out my personal info or ordering things for me better knock it off. Habitatgirl recently sent me something after I posted about it here, but she told me she was sending it, so that's okay.

I know what I order or request from the net because it's usually free, and I keep a notebook on my internet activity and write stuff like this down. There is nothing in my notebook about ordering books, or magazines, or anything like that. But, someone is, thinking maybe that I would appreciate it. Well, if they'd tell me who they are, I'll decide if it's appreciated or not. I don't like getting bills for things I didn't order that are sent to my address. The thing that scares me is that someone gave out my cell phone number, and not too many people have that number. I don't know who to suspect, but I do know it's not a member of my family. They'd tell me if they had done something like that. Not too many people outside my family have my cell number.

I just hope I don't get a nasty letter from the guy I hung up on this evening.

--MorelaterZ--