Neko

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Where do I find these people at???

This person contacted me this morning via Yahoo! Mess-up-enger. I suspect he is a college student about Daniel's age, though he didn't come right out and say so. His profile says he's from "Uptown NOLA (New Orleans)", and Tulane University is in that area. The conversation was pretty strange.

He asks me how I am and what I did this weekend, then he says this:

houston_is_the_best (11:16:33 AM): have a pic?
amethyst4point0 (11:17:03 AM): there should be one showing on the IM window
houston_is_the_best (11:18:17 AM): oh...thats bullshit
houston_is_the_best (11:18:23 AM): your profile says you're 40
houston_is_the_best (11:18:27 AM): that woman's only like 29
amethyst4point0 (11:19:11 AM): okay, believe what you want. I am 40. I was 36 when that was taken
houston_is_the_best (11:19:52 AM): it was a compliment silly
amethyst4point0 (11:21:48 AM): maybe so, but it didn't come across as one
amethyst4point0 (11:22:00 AM): it came across as you calling me a liar

Is it me, or did you get the feeling he was calling me a liar? That didn't look like a compliment to me. For the record, the pic he saw is the same one that is on the sidebar with my profile. And that really is me...

The conversation continued on, and he told me he lived near Tulane and I asked if he was a student there, to which he said, "maybe".

Oh, great, I've got a horny college student on the other end of the conversation who likes older women. So I tell him I've been dating a younger man for two years (off and on), which is true. Well, I think that got rid of him, because the IM ceased at that point.

Where do these guys come from? And whatever makes them think I want to date anyone I meet on the internet? I still prefer to meet the men I date in person (the old fashioned way), or not date as I see fit. Right now, there's a certain Cajun ex-carny I'm kinda sweet on, and I want to continue to see where that goes.

--MorelaterZ--