Neko

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I'm going to rant about politics

(you have been warned)

The election couldn't get here fast enough. All this crap I've been seeing on the news, on the net and in newspapers about who did (or didn't do) what 30 years ago, who did (or didn't do) what the last time they represented their state in the House of Representatives, and why we should or should not elect them as Senator, President, Dog Catcher, etc.

IMHO, nasty political ads only make the person running them (or authorize them to be run) look worse than the guy or gal they're trying to smear. Tell me what you're going to do once you're elected to whatever office you're running for, instead of bringing up shit that happened before I was old enough to care about the election process. What did Kerry do in Vietnam on that there Swift Boat? Did George Bush really serve in the National Guard and did he get preferential treatment because of who his father is? Who the hell cares!! What will Kerry or (God help us) Bush do once they've been elected. Isn't that what counts?

And those two neanderthals running for that Senate seat in Oklahoma-- What are you going to do for Oklahoma once seated in the Senate? As it is now, I'm quite tempted not to vote for either one of you on November 2nd. This is the kind of person I want representing a state I live in, one who badmouths his opponent with quotes taken out of context (Brad Carson), or one who hadn't run a dirty ad until recently, and that was only to badmouth his opponent's votes on important issues(Tom Coburn)? If anyone is a "craphead" (said by Carson about Coburn who supposedly called the people in OKC that, when in fact I believe it was about the state government, not the citizens of that city. Hello, guys, but OKC just happens to be the state capitol!), it's these two. Why would I want either one of these guys in the Senate?

C'mon, November 2nd! Let's get this done and over with.

My name is Tank's Grrl, and I approve this message. Tongue Out

/end rant


--MorelaterZ--