Neko

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I think I may be sick...

My stomach is acting all crazy and stuff. Maybe I'll take some Pepto Bismol before I go to bed.

It could be all that stuff I ate and drank at the fair on Sunday. You'd think that after working as a carnie, I'd know better about the food on the midway. But, damn, that steak sandwich I had was good! So were the fries with seasoned salt.

I hope this is all out of my system by morning, though. The thought of dealing with Mom's housekeeper (she comes every two weeks) is more than I can bear. God, does that woman love to talk!! And, Lord forgive me, I cannot stand her. The only thing we have in common is that we both lived in Massachusetts at one time. Whoopee!

==================

Did I mention the stupid reason Jon text messaged me over the weekend? He wanted to know the birth dates of two cats we haven't had in 5 years, whether the birth date was a week before or a week after Columbus arrived in March of 1999.

How in the flippin' hell am I supposed to remember that? I hadn't even thought about Spring and Blossom (those were their names, and I even forgot that!) since I gave them away shortly before I moved out of the Lucile Avenue apartment (this was July 1999).

I just told Jon that Columbus's birthday was March 25, 1999, and the only reason I remembered that is that March 25th is Elton John's birthday (and by coincidence, my ex landlord Paul's bday was the day before. He and Sir Elton were both born in 1947).

Some mnemonic device, eh? LOL

Is it me, or does Jon get dumber every year? He can't remember to tell his employer he has a child support obligation, but he wants to remember the birth dates of cats I haven't even thought about since 1999??? What the hell!

This is giving me a headache...

--MorelaterZ--