Neko

Monday, August 02, 2004

"Any woman who looks like that has to be named Lucile"

Looks like WHAT?

Someone did a search on Google using that phrase, and they found my blog on page 4.

I've mentioned the apartment on Lucile Avenue in Norfolk, Virginia oh, maybe a half dozen times. It's where I lived from 1997 to 1999; where the basement flooded during a "NorEaster" in 97 (but not during Hurricane Bonnie in 98...hmmm) and I lost my high school yearbooks and the pictures of my 2 oldest boys from their childhood; where I lived when Jon asked me for a divorce (while we were doing a freakin' paper route, no less. He was romancing some chick online and wanted to be "free" to pursue a real life relationship with her); and where I was evicted from for insisting that the people I was renting from replace a broken refrigerator. It took them 5 months to do it, meanwhile, I was paying my rent to the circuit court.




The next street over was Ethel Avenue. I kid you not! Look at this map! (BTW, that "street" that connects the two doesn't exist, or at least it didn't when I lived there)

It was also the place where I was forced to abandon a kitten because she was so freaked out about my having to move that she took refuge under the claw footed bathtub and refused to come out. I still have scars on my arms from her scratching me while trying to pull her out. I still feel bad about that.

We had the whole second floor to ourselves, and it was by far the largest apartment I've ever lived in. By contrast, the studio apartment I lived in in Lawrence, Massachusetts, was by far the smallest (and it was just me there. The boys were with my parents by this time).

It's nearly 4am. I really need to go to bed.

--MorelaterZ--