Neko

Monday, September 20, 2004

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!

(to quote the person I'm about to talk about)

I got the biggest surprise in history this morning. A gal I used to work with in Virginia sent me an email. I hadn't heard from Hannie in five years, and she's been up to a lot in that time (I daresay haven't we all!)!

She had a new email address and a link to her site. I should have gone to her site before I responded to her email, because all the questions I asked her were answered there LOL. But I didn't. My bad.

The biggest news in her life isn't even in her email. When I last saw Hannie, she was a very large woman. She had trouble breathing even then, and her clothes were even too big for me, and I'm not a lightweight by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, in 2001, she had gastric bypass surgery, and she looks like a completely different person in the photos on her site! I was floored! In 1999, when I last had contact with her, I was worried for her health. She is five years younger than I am, and I feared she would die young. I'm glad she had the surgery, and that she appears to be happy.

And, it turns out, she's in Mississippi. Her husband is in the Navy, and maybe he's stationed there. The coincidences are not lost on me that I'm involved with Saon and he lives in Louisiana, and one of my best friends from my days in Virginia lives the next state over. It's weirdly wonderful in a wacky sort of way.

More on this later, I'm sure...

Color me surprised!

--MorelaterZ--