Neko

Friday, September 03, 2004

He's got a plan...at least I hope it's a plan

Talked to Saon on the phone this evening. We had a lot to say, and we talked about getting together to see if a relationship is truly possible between us.

He asked me what my ideas were about us making this a permanent arrangement, and I told him that I want to see if things will work out before we up and get married. I didn't want to just jump into it, then find out a few months out that it was a mistake. Also, I pointed out that there were children (my two youngest) involved in the equation, and I had to take their feelings and reactions into account as well. I want them to get to know Saon before he and I made any wedding plans. Saon agreed. He told me that he knew I was a "package deal" and that didn't bother him, that he wanted the best for me and the boys. Taking it easy is the best for all concerned. That way, we can see how it works in real life, rather than in theory.

He's going to go to New Orleans next week and try to make a fresh start there. He has to deal with the issue of possibly selling his dog, Blue, something he doesn't want to do, but may have to do. I know that breaks his heart, because he really cares for that dog. It's just like when I learned that Jon gave away my cat, Sadie. It just broke my heart because I loved that cat, and he had already managed to lose Miss Flurry.

Meanwhile, Saon's in a motel by virtue of assistance from the state of Minnesota, at least thru tomorrow. He thinks that he could get his job back at the marina. My only concern is where he's going to end up staying once he gets there.

He wants to get out of MN before it snows, or else, he says, he'll be stuck there for the winter.

I pray that everything works itself out for him. Lord, continue to watch over him, and keep him safe. --Amen.

--MorelaterZ--