Neko

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Why is this such a big freakin' deal?

Some samples from my referers list:

• Google: olsen weight loss tabloid picture
• MSN Search: mary kate olson skinny -- More Useful Everyday
• Yahoo! Search Results for pictures of mary-kate olson way to thin

Why are people looking here for info about Mary-Kate Olsen and her supposed weight loss? All I did was comment on a tabloid headline I saw on the newsstand. The fact that people are obsessed about this isn't going to cause Mary-Kate to suddenly gain weight; indeed, it might cause her to lose more weight.

When she and her sister were on SNL recently, I didn't see anything unusual about MK's appearance (except that she darkened her hair). She didn't look too thin, or thinner than Ashley. They are both small girls anyway, so to me they just look like healthy young ladies, albeit ones who are maybe 5 feet tall and weigh maybe 100 lbs. on a good day.

Back off, people!

--MorelaterZ--