Neko

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Guess who called me out of the clear blue sky?

Saon, that's who. He was returning a call I made to him last week sometime. He said he was concerned that I sounded so depressed when I left my message. I told him that I was still not feeling well, and if I sounded down, that was probably the reason why.

Anyway, he's still expecting to go up to MN in a couple of weeks to fetch Michele. Sounds like everything is still a go. He's sending her money to get her truck fixed, because they're going to drive it down to LA after Christmas. He sold his truck (the one he bought from his brother, Jack, when I was there), and he's working part time at a bar in the French Quarter on his days off from Belle Chasse.

He asked about the book's title, and I told him the working title of Carnyville and he suggested an alternate title that incorporated the name of the Show we actually worked for. He still wants to read it, and I told him as soon as I finished the first draft, I'd send him a copy.

I asked him if he thought that Michele might have a problem with me sending him stuff, and he told me no, that she can't tell him who his friends are. I said that I was sure that she wasn't hurting for male friends, and Saon said that she does have male friends, and that he doesn't mind that she does. She previously had a problem with Saon having female friends, so I wonder how that's going to work out.

Saon sounded down though. I asked if he still didn't care whether things worked out with Michele or not, and he still doesn't care...if it works, it works. If not, then he can say he honestly tried. Then he blamed his moodiness on the fact that he hates the Christmas season. "I never really had Christmases as a kid, living in foster homes and group homes," he said. I told him that we'd have to do something about that one day. All he said was, "whatever."

My mind is teeming with ideas to make his holidays a little more bearable, and I guess I will try and bring up some of those when I speak to him again.

Christmas is about giving, not getting. It's not about how much money one spends, it's the good feeling of giving something to someone else. I'd rather recieve a card from someone I care for than see them spend money on me. I wish there was something I could do to make Saon's Christmas one to remember, but I guess that is up to Michele, and knowing how materialistic she is, she'll probably just try to buy Saon's affections with things.

Oh, baby. Knowing I still love you isn't enough? Tell me what I can do to make you happy this Christmas.