Neko

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Insert foot "A" into mouth "B"

Saon called me yesterday afternoon. Seems that Michele has gone home until the end of the year to get her stuff to move down to Gretna. Saon had just gotten home from taking her to the bus station when he called me. I teased him by saying, "When Michele's away, Saon will play, eh?" He said he would have called me anyway, because he'd been trying to reach me all week. Then he said, "You sound sick."

I told him I was, that I had the flu, but was feeling better.

We talked for about an hour, and I made the mistake of criticizing Michele. I told Saon I didn't think she was good for him because they had been apart more than they'd been together, that they fought all the time. Saon didn't take too kindly to that. I told him that she was my rival for his affections, but since she was still married to him, I guess that anything that he and I might have had was a moot point. Again, he says, "you never know."

He says she's changed, has matured some, lost about 75 lbs, and doesn't dress like a cowgirl anymore. Instead, she dresses like some hip hop princess. What a cliche! Is she trying to win him back by being just like him? Doesn't this girl have any individuality at all??? Even if I liked hip hop, I wouldn't dress like a rapper. I don't dress like the rock stars I like, I dress like me. I like my style and don't have to follow some lame fashion trend to look good. I know I look good!

I asked him if there was any possiblilty that Michele's family may talk her out of moving to Louisiana, and Saon said he didn't think so because Michele and her mother aren't getting along (I think I know why they're not getting along, but I'll keep that to myself).

I still don't hold out any hope for them. If Saon thinks that a change in attitude on Michele's part (being done solely for his benefit in a bid to get him back, I'm sure) and aping his clothing style is going to make their marriage work, then he is sadly mistaken. Those two need counseling to get to the root of their problems. A change in location ain't gonna fix it.

But I could be wrong...I don't think I am though. I just want him to be happy. I just got this feel this isn't going to do that for him.