Neko

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

There is really nothing new here...is there?

Still using the computers at the library. I am really beginning to hate doing that, because I'm used to getting online when I feel like it, but with no internet access at home until the beginning of next month, I'm kinda stuck with this alternative. It beats not getting online at all.

I called Saon yesterday, and he's doing okay. He was waiting for Kenny to come back with his (Saon's) bike so he could ride to the ferry to get to work. We didn't really talk about much except what's been going on in our respective lives. I was waiting for the Boston/Yankees game to come on, and Saon was listening to his new stereo. He complained that Kenny wasn't pulling his weight around the house as far as paying bills and stuff, and threatened to kick him out again, as Saon would rather go it alone than have to wait for Kenny to decide if he does indeed want to take responsibility for his half of the bills.

Saon didn't mention anything else about me coming down sooner than Mardi Gras, but then the subject didn't really come up. I don't think I'm ready to come down sooner than that...because I don't want to get the same treatment I got when I was there before. I didn't say so in previous conversations, but I implied that I would need to see and be assured of being treated decently before I would get on a bus and ride the 20 or so hours to New Orleans. After all, if I am going to be his girlfriend, I should at least expect to be treated like a girlfriend, instead of a friend who happens to be a girl (and there is a difference, believe you me!). His telling people I'm his g/f would even be better, but that is entirely up to him to do on his own, without my interference or implication.

But, again, time will tell. I have to take this one day at a time. If it's meant to be, I'll know soon enough.

MorelaterZ--