Neko

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Still feeling like something Columbus dragged in

(BTW, Columbus is my cat, currently living in Mass. with my ex)

I couldn't even summon the energy to take Jeff to school this morning. I was feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach and my head was throbbing. I hope I'm not coming down with the flu or something. That would really, really suck.

Joey and Amalia are at the house, and will be there most of the day. Tori and Dean have some personal business to take care of this afternoon.

At the moment I have nothing else to say, so I will post my answers to PromoGuy's Monday Mission (and yeah, I know it's late. So sue me!)

===========================

PromoGuy's Monday Mission 3.42

1. What is the most expensive car repair you'd have to pay for?
Replacing the engine (as I have done it 4 times!)

2. I did some traveling this weekend. Not too far, just about two hours in the car. What is the longest time you've ever spent riding/driving in a car?
I drove from Lawrence, MA to OKC last December. It took about two days and I made it in time for some snow and Christmas

3. Fall seems to be a pretty busy time of year: football, school starting, Halloween, thanksgiving, traveling, family functions. Are the next few weeks going to be busy for you? What do you have going on?
NaNoWriMo in November...Halloween, Thanksgiving, schlepping my 17 year old to school on inclimate days

4. Changing seasons usually also means changing clothing. Do you have a routine to switch clothing around in your closet or dressers? Do you look forward to the chance to wear some different clothes for a change?
Hell yeah! I love to wear sweaters this time of year. Since most of mine are still in Massachusetts, I'll have to get out and buy some

5. Here in Oklahoma, we don't have a lot you can do in the fall except take hayrides and maybe visit a pumpkin patch. What I'd really like to do is go pick apples on an orchard. Have you ever been to pick apples or visit a farm in the fall? Is that something you (would) enjoy?
When we lived in Virginia, I used to take my boys to farms to pick apples, a pumpkin or two, corn, berries, etc. Bring your own containers and whatever nominal fee the farm asks for and knock yourself out!

6. A friend of mine from long ago used to make Apple Butter. It was amazing and I've never been able to find any I liked as well. It is a taste that just says "fall." Are there any tastes or smells that once you've taken them in, you just know fall is really here?
Not really. It's the feeling in the air and the leaves changing that do that for me. Man, I really miss New England right now!

7. Isn't there something you've been meaning to do for a while? You know, that thing? Yeah. So, what's the holdup?
Money!

BONUS: Why are there so many songs about rainbows? Are there, or are you just quoting Rainbow Connection?

Today's Comment Question: Regardless of whether it is possible or it even exists, what would you like to have installed in your car?
A GPS system or an Auto Pilot thingy...so I can drive to New Orleans and not have to worry about getting lost.