Neko

Monday, August 25, 2003

Tensions are mounting...

and I can't take it anymore.

There isn't enough gas in the van to get Jeff from band practice, because I had to go home and get his band polo shirt and khaki shorts and bring them back to him at school. Then I went to the store and got stuff for dinner, then home. Mom was crabbing about one thing or another. I've noticed that I've lately started to tune her out, just like I did when I was a teenager.

Money's real tight right now. My measly paycheck from when I worked at the OTC on the 15th was all spent by the time Saturday dawned. It went mostly to gas, groceries, and refilling the minutes on my cell phone. Mom's check won't come until the 3rd of September, and the check I'll get on Friday is paying for my bus ticket to New Orleans on Saturday. I need a vacation from this place! It's too damned hot, there's no rain, and I can't really contribute anything to the household except doing chores and crap once in a while. Any money I get has to go to my bills, of which I have many.

I need to see a doctor, or rather, a platoon of doctors for all that ails me. I need medical insurance, and I need a job where I don't sit all day.

I need to get to Saon, and Saturday can't get here fast enough.

MorelaterZ--