Neko

Saturday, August 23, 2003

Very interesting...

Dean went to pick up Jeff's school schedule the other day, and while he was there, he picked up Jeff's grades from last semester.

It came as no surprise to me that he passed all his classes. He wouldn't have been allowed to go to Europe if he had failed a class.

Seems that the marching band dictator, er, director made Jeff an alternate last spring and told him that if he did not pass all his classes by the end of the year, then he would be an alternate in the fall. When Jeff went to summer band rehearsals, he was still an alternate. I had a talk with Mr. Sousa (NOT the guy's real name, BTW. I call him that because he acts like the best thing that happened to marching bands since John Phillip Sousa), and he told me all this crap about why Jeff was still an alternate. Until I saw Jeff's grades, I didn't realize that Sousa had no clue as to what Jeff's grades were, as he just assumed that Jeff had failed at least one class. I was told that to be eligible to perform, he had to have a "D" average. Jeff's last report card reflects a "C" average, and thus is eligible to perform.

I think that Sousa owes both Jeff and me an apology. He assumed that Jeff's GPA was in the toilet when in fact it's not. Then he basically lied to me about why Jeff was made an alternate. I honestly now think it's because Sousa just plain doesn't like my son for whatever twisted reason.

You know what happens when you assume, don't you?

I hope Sousa feels like an ass now.

I'm going to have words with that jerk before I go to New Orleans. He'll rue the day he messed with MY kid!

Gotta jump...MorelaterZ