Neko

Friday, August 15, 2003

Fun times at the OTC

Went to my temp job at the OTC this morning. It's pretty much straight data entry, inputting numbers from the state tax returns. Then later in the day, I was "batching", which is getting paperwork, checks and tax schedules ready to be inputted.

Pretty boring, but hell, it's a job that pays money...though I won't see that money until a week from Wednesday. Maybe I can pay for a bus ticket out of Dodge, er, Oklahoma and go to New Orleans.

I go back to the OTC on Monday, and it's "casual dress"...I can wear jeans, tshirts, and sneaks! Woohoo!!

On a more serious note, taking this job reminded me in a rather painful way why I quit working to begin with. There isn't a spot on my body that isn't sore, and that was just from sitting at a desk! That is what fibromyalgia (FMS) does to its sufferers. Certain places on my body, called tender points, hurt when pressed just a little bit. To be diagnosed with FMS, one must have pain from light pressure to 11 of 18 known tender points. When I was diagnosed last summer, I had all 18. On top of all that, I also have rhuematoid arthritis (RA).

I'll work this job for however long they need me, or until I leave for New Orleans, whichever happens first. However, I cannot keep this up indefinitely...I can't have this constant pain rule my life. I really need to get back to a rhuematologist and get this under control.

Right now, I need some Celebrex...

Gotta jump...MorelaterZ--