Neko

Monday, August 04, 2003

Some decisions (about the book) have been made

(To read some of my notes, go to my Carnyville blog at carnyville.blogspot.com).

I have the names of the two main characters decided upon. They had to be simple and true to the personalities I had created for them.

I have set a goal to finish my research, and start writing the story itself by January. That way I can turn 40 working on a specific goal.

I've also decided that I'm going to start shopping the manuscript around when I'm about half done with it, so that if rewrites are necessary, then they won't be overwhelming.

I still have to figure out how to get an agent who has my best interests in mind, and not on how much money he/she can get out of me. In this regard, I truly am a starving artist.

But first, I have to talk to some honest to God carnies, and not just talk to Saon about the carnival biz. I think I will talk to the folks who are going to do the Oklahoma State Fair in September. Although I'd like to talk to New England based amusement companies (because the story takes place in New England), right now that is financially impossible.

Right now, I have a splitting headache, and I have to take Jeff to school in the morning for his marching band uniform fitting. Why do they make the seniors do everything first? Wouldn't freshmen need to be fitted first because they haven't been before? Besides, I doubt Jeff has grown very much, so he could wear the same uniform.

Um, sorry, just wishful thinking on my part.

Gotta jump...right into the sack...MorelaterZ--