Neko

Saturday, August 02, 2003

Okay, I'm officially bored

I'm in a conversation with Jon. Oh, joy.

I talked to Saon last night. He's telling me he's gotta get out of that house he's staying at. One of his cousins was falling down drunk, and in turn got a teenaged cousin drunk as well. The older cousin was walking around the house with a loaded gun, and Saon told me that if I hear gunshots, to call 911 here and they would connect me to 911 in Gretna.

There were no gunshots, because the cousin passed out somewhere (in the house, I'm assuming). A female relative was bitching at Saon about getting long distance calls, about his not paying his fare share (kinda hard to do with no money), about there not being groceries in the house. Saon offered to call a cab so she could go to the store, or go himself, but she just kept bitching. Then someone else wanted to use the phone, so Saon asked me to call back about midnight.

At about three minutes to midnight, I called back, and the chick who did all the complaining answered, and I asked to speak to Saon. She said, "who?"

"Saon. May I speak with Saon, please?"

"Yeah, hold on..."

I could hear her going, "Saon...Saon, it's that girl again." Saon replied, "that's my girl, you be nice to her." Then,

"Hello?"

"Hey there, Saon, it's me again."

He had forgotten he asked me to call back, because he was getting ready to go to bed, but he stayed up to talk to me. It was quiet at the house, so he could talk without all the constant interruptions.

He told me more about his job, how much he expected to get paid, what his plans were for his first paycheck (pay off fines, get his license, buy a car), and looking into renting a room from another cousin who lives closer to his job.

He wants me to come to N.O., perhaps in September or October. Once he has a car, he's going to show me around ("The Westbank Tank Tour of the Big Easy" I called it), take me out on a crab boat on the bayous to see alligators and stuff, have a crab boil. It sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait, but I must. Saon wants a place to live before he has me visit.

We talked about him getting his GED or taking a correspondance course to get his high school diploma. He really wants to do that, because he told me he had to leave school at 16 because he had no one to take care of him, and he had to work (both his parents are deceased, and he was no longer a ward of the state when he turned 16 in 1992).

He misses me, and I miss him. We want to be together, but we also realize that it can't be this very second. I need to make (and save) some money, and get my life straightened out some. He wants to have a place of his own, and get some stability. Then, when that's all done, we'll seriously talk about the things we want to do as a couple.

I gotta get a job, or some way to get some cash...and fast!

Gotta jump...MorelaterZ--