Neko

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Catching up...

Yesterday, I talked to Saon. He hasn't gotten a start date for his job, though he thinks it will be this week sometime. He was going over to his aunt's house (the one who owns the house he's staying at) for the afternoon, just to get out of that house. He's making plans to get his license back, buy a car, and find a place to live. I asked him if he could rent his aunt's house in Gretna, and Saon said "probably", but he really didn't want to, because the house is so small that "when you walk in the front door, you're already out the back door." There were so many things that he would have to do to improve that house, that it didn't seem like it would be worth it. He just plain doesn't want to live in Gretna, because it's a really rough place. "I wouldn't bring you here," he told me. "This is worse than Lawrence!"

Oh. "That bad, huh?"
"You have no idea, babe," he told me.

He told me more about his job, that it apparently pays well, and that when he gets his own place, then I could visit and decide if I want to stay. It's just not the right time for us resume our lives together, because he's still in that house. He says that I wouldn't be happy there, because not only would we not have any privacy, but he couldn't see leaving me there all day with the cousins and friends and God knows who else who hang out there.

~*~~*~*~~*~


Today, I went to Wal Mart to pick up Mom's meds and some other things. The first place I went was to the pharmacy. The pharmacy tech asked for the name, and I gave Mom's name. Then asked for her birthdate. Then, she asked if I was Jean! I felt like tell her, "do I look like I was born in nineteen twenty-friggin-nine?"

Okay, I do a lot of stuff for Mom using her debit card, but how could anyone mistake me for her, especially when I have to give her brithdate?!!

Stupid. Some people just don't think before they ask stupid questions like that.

Gotta jump...MorelaterZ--