Neko

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Why didn't he call me when he found out?

I talked to Jon this evening and he told me that his grandmother passed away on Sunday. She was 13 days shy of her 101st birthday. I asked why didn't he call me when he found out, and he said, "I don't know".

Then he lamented that he couldn't go to her funeral because he doesn't have the funds to do so.

~*~~*~*~~*~


Before this day is thru, I wanted to mention that today would have been Saon's mother's birthday. I hope Doris is watching over her son tonight. I know she's probably on his mind.

When I was in Picayune with him, Saon mentioned that he wanted to have his mother's death reclassified as a homicide, because he honestly believes that his father shot her (possibly at her urging). He told me a story about his aunt (his mother's sister) confonting his father after his mother died and told him that if he did kill her sister, then he would be dead within a year.

Four days shy of a year, Jack died of a heart attack. Saon found him on the kitchen floor in middle of the night.

"What was your aunt, a voodoo priestess?" I asked him. He said he didn't know, but I found it strange that what his aunt predicted actually came true. Maybe Jack's heart attack was because of guilt? We'll never know, will we?

Or, will we?

More laterz--