Neko

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Four hours for an oil change?

I took the van in for an oil change, diagnostic, and a tune up...and it took four freakin' hours!! I dropped it off at a little after 8am, and when I came back three hours later, it still hadn't been looked at. So I sat around for another hour while they worked on it. It was done around noon, and everything that we had been concerned about had been cleared up. So, $91 of mom's money later, I drove home.

On the way home, someone from American Express Financial Advisors called me on my cell and told me she saw my resume on HotJobs and wants me to come in for a "suitability test". This would be a job like the job at Putnam that I got let go from last summer. I don't really want to go back into the financial field, because I have to study for those damned licensing exams again, and I don't think I am suited to the financial field. I pretty much hated the two years I was at Putnam, but maybe AmEx will be different. I'll take the suitability test, but I'm pretty leery about the industry because the market sucks right now.

Do I really need the stress?

Got an email from JC. He is really hyped about his art exhibit this month. He says that his music is going nowhere right now, but the art just exploded with oppotunities! He's going to concentrate on that for the time being.

I miss JC. He's such a special person, and if he wasn't with someone now, I would love to have a chance with him. But, we're great friends and we don't want to mess that up. I just wish I could be there to see his greatest triumph. I really wanted to go to Massachusetts to visit sometime during the summer, but it's probably not going to happen.

Saon's birthday is Thursday, and I wish I could talk to him. I just want to know he is okay. I know he's an adult and he can take care of himself, but I just want to know that he's not in jail or dead or homeless.

Despite everything, I still care for him very much.

More laterz--