Neko

Saturday, July 05, 2003

Fourth of July, part 2: barbeque, homemade ice cream, and awesome fireworks!

We went back to Tori and Dean's around 5pm. Dean was grilling hamburgers, I was watching Joey inside because it was too hot outside for him, and everyone else was out in the backyard playing bocce ball.

We had barbequed hamburgers with all the fixins and homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert. Amalia must have spilled her soda 3 or 4 times! And Joey was giggling up a storm at Daniel making a total fool of himself!

We headed out to UCO around 8pm and found a great place to park, then found a great place to set up our chairs. Tori was worried that the loud fireworks would upset Joey, but he loved them!

The fireworks themselves were absolutely fantastic! By far they are the best I've ever seen, and that includes my trip to the Naval Academy three years ago. And we had a great vantage point on the UCO campus in which to watch them. I was very impressed.

But, I did miss my friends in Massachusetts watching them on Salisbury beach.

~*~~*~*~~*~


I hope Saon is okay. I hope he was able to get the money to get a bus to Louisiana. I wish he'd contact me somehow if he did. Despite everything that's happened between us, he is still my friend and I miss him.

More laterz--