Neko

Sunday, July 06, 2003

This is nuts!

My mother is convinced she's going to lose her house, because she can't make the house payment without help. Yes, she is concerned with money, and rightly so, but does she have to get so melodramatic about it? Now I know where I get it from! Sheesh!


Of course, this does not inspire Daniel to go out and look for work. He says he is looking, but he's not trying hard enough to follow up with the places he's applied at. He honestly thinks that his drawing talent will get him thru somehow.


I should tell him this: my friend JC has been waiting his whole life for a big break as far as his art is concerned. He's 39 years old, and he has a freakin degree in fine arts for cryin out loud, but he's never had a major showing of his work...until now. Now until August 1st, he has 20 pieces of his art at a restaurant/art gallery called the Thirsty Whale in Newburyport, Massachusetts. He is excited beyond words about this and I can't say I blame him. I would be too if it were me. I wish I could get to Newburyport before August 1st and see this for myself. I am so thrilled for him!


If you want to see some of his work, visit his website. He designed all the websites you'll see there.


~*~~*~*~~*~


And, I try not to badmouth my ex in the presence of my kids, but sometimes, Jon does things that are so dumb, that I can't help but wonder what he has for grey matter. This is a man who says he can't pay child support because 75% of his pay goes to his landlord for back rent, but he can afford to get cable tv and cable internet service. At 20 bucks a month!! Has he absolutely lost his mind??? You'd think his kids are a little more important than cable internet service! But, noooooo...but then this is Jon we're talkin about here, the man who cares more about himself than anyone else, including his kids!


He just burns me up!


~*~~*~*~~*~


I gotta get out of this house. I love my mother dearly, but she is driving me crazy! I've been living in her house for almost 7 months, and I really need my own place and my own space! I have no privacy here at all. I need to get some money saved and find a decent place to move what little stuff I have.


I swear, mi vida loca!


More laterz--