Neko

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm going to take a nice long snooze... right after finals are over

I told someone today that I'm going to take a nap right after finals. I haven't been getting the sleep I need the last couple of weeks, and it's starting to take a toll on me. No more of this staying up til 2am, trying to cram a whole semester's knowledge into my brain. I know the material, so for my first final on Thursday, I'll study in the afternoon tomorrow, like I did today and yesterday, and take it from there.

I'm going up to Mom's tomorrow after school, because another place has called me for an interview, and it's closer to her house than it is mine. The job, as I understand it, is near me though.

So I have a double whammy here... do well on the interview Wednesday and the final on Thursday.
=====
Warning: Rant Ahead--

The whiny kid from one of my broadcasting classes has a class on Tuesday and Thursdays in the same place where I was editing my final project, and again, he was complaining about juggling work with school (and I guess he's not doing a good job at it, because school is apparently suffering). I didn't hear all of his arguments (mostly because I've tuned him out, and because I don't think he has a valid argument), so I don't know what all he said. Nor do I care. He hasn't learned to set priorities-- if he's going to go to school, then he should strive to do well. Blaming his work schedule, or the instructor, or whatever his lame argument is, isn't going to win him any brownie points. The person he should be blaming is the one he looks at in the mirror every morning.

The way I see it is this-- if you're not going to do your best work, for whatever reason, be it work, the instructor, your classmates, or your own failings, I don't want to hear your excuses for why you didn't complete the work. You either do the work or you don't. I may have not had the best editing projects in class, but at least I did them, and got them done on time. This guy was still editing the very first project we had in that class last week. That first project, if memory serves, was due in February! It's May, dude... it's too late for all that. I don't care what kind of fancy ass equipment you've bought to help you, the project is still late. Period. End of Story.

And this ends my rant about that!



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , ,