Neko

Monday, May 07, 2007

Storms, sleep (huh?), and school

There was a wicked storm around 3-4 in the morning. It actually woke me up out of a sound sleep.

I looked outside and the wind is blowing, the rain is going sideways, and the power kept cutting on and off. I flipped on the TV and there was Mike Morgan from "Oklahoma's NewsChannel 4" with the weather (doesn't that man ever sleep?!).

We were having 70 mph winds, heavy rain, and the possibility that all that could turn into a tornado.

Then it moved to the northeast a little into Potawotomie County, and there was a tornado warning for Shawnee and the vicinity.

It was there, and the wind and rain here where I live lessened considerably. By this time, it was close to 4am and I needed to get back to bed.

Of course, I didn't actually fall asleep til much later. The alarm goes off really early when you've only gotten 3 hours of sleep.

It was still raining a little when I took my sleep deprived self to school. I thought I was going to fall asleep in the middle of US History.

And it seemed that everyone is made of sugar, because there weren't too many people in any of my classes today. What's the matter, afraid a little rain might make ya melt? Sheesh!

And the English Comp project from hell is getting more weird. I hope she's just not feeling well, but another of our group has gone AWOL (or UA as it's called in the Navy. UA= unexplained absence). This project gets more bizarre by the day. C'mon, there's only a week of school left... can ya stick it out that long?


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,