Neko

Friday, March 23, 2007

Daniel and the amazing earwax cure, and fine tuning my resume

Guess someone got to do all those things they wanted to accomplish this week.
===

Daniel shows up at my apartment on Wednesday afternoon. He was in the area because he'd just been to Dean's office in Midwest City.

Daniel woke up that morning not being able to hear out of his left ear. He didn't want to call anyone at first because he thought he could take care of it. Finally, his grandmother prevailed on him to call Tori, which he did, and explained his problem. Tori said she'd call Dean to see what he suggested Daniel do. Tori called back later and told Daniel to go to Dean's office, as an appointment had been made for him to clear out his ear.

Turns out that Daniel had a huge ball of wax blocking off his ear canal. Dean tried to remove it, but it was not going anywhere. While Dean tried to get at the wax, he noticed that Daniel's ear was slighly infected.

The remedy for this problem was to use ear drops, take ibuprofin, and put a couple of drops of Dawn dish washing soap in his ear and let it sit for a minute, then rinse it out with warm water. In about 5 days all of that nastiness should drain out.

Dawn dishwashing soap? For earwax build up? Um, okay... whatever.
===

Later, Daniel brought me to Mom's house, but we had to go to Home Depot first because Daniel agreed to fix a hole in the wall in the upstairs room that used to be my bedroom. I stayed in the car, and my phone rang.

Some guy asked for "Dan" (which is what all of Daniel's friends call him), and I told him that Dan wasn't available. The guy wanted Daniel call him back, saying that he lived next door. I thought nothing of it, because I don't know any of Mom's neighbors (people move in and out of her neighborhood all the time), but Daniel probably did.

Then I thought, why is Daniel giving out my cell number to people? I thought he didn't know that number.

When Daniel came back to the car, I told him about the call, and Daniel looked a little puzzled. I asked why he was giving out my cell number to people. He said he didn't, because he didn't know it.

He called the guy back, and it turns out that the Dan they were looking for was not my son. Someone named Dan had my cell number before I did.

Daniel took me to Mom's and he went to God only knows where.
===

Yesterday, I went to the mandatory job search seminar at Francis Tuttle's Rockwell campus. I had to attend in order to continue to receive unemployment. It was scheduled to be 7 hours long, but the gal who led the seminar was so good, and so thorough with the information, that we got out about 45 minutes early.

I'm glad I went. I learned a lot. And, I learned that my resume needed to be updated, because of my age mostly. So I'll be working on a new resume, and maybe then I'll finally get a job.

I hate being on unemployment. I don't know how Jon did it for years on end the way he's wont to do. I'd rather work, thanks.

Anyone in the OKC Metro looking for someone who can talk a blue streak, relate to the public, and will show up to work on time everyday? Because of school, it'll have to be part time for now. But even part time I'll be making more than I get in a month of unemployment.




That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , ,