Neko

Monday, February 05, 2007

First B-week Friday: felt like Saturday

Even though I knew better, it still felt like it should have been Saturday.

I did go up to my mom's in Edmond on Friday, after I put some power steering fluid in the car. Once she steered better, I felt I could go anywhere, so that's what I did. I took I-40 and I-35 with few problems. Even the gas gauge seemed to work right, and I was pleased to see I still had about 3/4 of a tank of gas.

I showed up at Mom's, and as soon as I rang the doorbell (since I no longer had a key), I heard the phone ring. Mom got the call first, because she was expecting a call from her doctor.

Pinky was pleased to see me, and that set her tail a-wagging.

Jeff and I went over to the Goodwill store on 15th and Broadway and he bought the only TV they had. I also bought a lamp. Then we went back home and Mom wanted to go for Chinese. She actually wanted to go to a restaurant and sit. We went to the only Chinese place like that in Mom's neighborhood. I was a little disappointed. They had more stuff on their take out menu than they did on the eat in menu.

I ended up spending the night, and Mom and I went out to breakfast and grocery shopping before I went home.

I had some studying to do.

After I got home, I realized that I couldn't get the TV out of the back seat of my car by myself. It required flexibility skills that, at almost 43 years of age, I no longer possessed. So Daniel drove all the way out to "da hood" (aka, where I live, in his humble 23 year old opinion) and helped me out. I felt kinda foolish about that.

It seems to be my week for feeling foolish. And on it goes...

Four days and counting...

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , ,