Neko

Monday, May 01, 2006

And it all fit!

I didn't know this, but Daniel had been driving his black, shiny, year old Cobalt on an expired driver's license.

So this morning (after he spent the night here because today's his day off), he went over to the Department of Public Safety (aka the DMV) and renewed his license.

Daniel showed it to me when he came back. He had the old style license before, and now he has the blue credit card style. On his old licence, it listed his name as Daniel C. [Lastname]. The new one has it [Lastname], Daniel Christopher. And it all fit very nicely (his father's name, which I no longer use, is rather long). It still shows his address as my mom's.

It was because of Daniel that the other boys don't have long middle names like his. I remember when Daniel was in elementary school, we'd get stuff from the school addressed to "The Parent or Guardian of [Lastname], Daniel Christo..." The printer didn't have enough room to spell out all of Daniel's middle name! I always found that amusing.

But I figured if the state of Oklahoma can fit my name on a driver's license, they could fit Daniel's. After all, I was known for nearly 20 years as "Stephanie Leanne [Lastname]"

That reminds me, I better get my name changed on my driver's license. It still shows the name listed in the previous paragraph, though it was legally changed last summer back to my maiden name (which is much shorter). I'd been using it since Jon and I separated in 1999 anyway.




That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--


Technorati Tags: , ,