Neko

Sunday, April 23, 2006

What's up with Minnesota lately?

And why are stations there suddenly contacting me for jobs?

In the last couple days, I've had a couple of radio stations in Minnesota (of all places) who have seen my ad on allaccess.com and contact me for an aircheck. One of them is in the same area code as the town where Saon used to live with his ex wife.

Is this an omen or something? I don't even want to think about that right now. I just want to get a job in radio, be it here in Oklahoma, or elsewhere (elsewhere is looking really good right now, though).

I'll send the guy in Minnesota an aircheck and see what he says (if anything).


=====

New Orleans held their mayoral elections yesterday. In order to win, one candidate had to get 50% of the vote or more. That didn't happen, so there will be a run off in a month between current mayor Ray Nagin, and Mitch Landrieu. Nagin is black and Landrieu is white... New Orleans hasn't had a white mayor since the 70's at least.

Whoever wins, it's isn't going to change the fact that New Orleans is a long way from being rebuilt. In the last conversation I had with Saon, he says it stinks there still (and no wonder with all the garbage that was in the flood waters, and Lord only knows how many dead bodies are still in the rubble of places like the 9th Ward), and that there are still some places that don't have real utilities. Even Belle Chasse Marine, where Saon works, is running off generators.

And the 2006 Hurricane season is still a couple months off.

=====

I've added a couple of blogs to my blogroll recently. Check out Crazy Jungle and Empires Fall when you get a chance. They are completely different, and I like them for different reasons. If you'd like me to list your blog in my blogroll, drop me an email. All i ask in return is a reciprical link on yours. Fair?

=====

My little TV is just about shot now. It's permanently fuzzy, and there are lines running thru the picture. I got the damned thing for free when Saon left it behind when he left Lawrence in 2002 to return to Minnesota, what more can I ask of it? That it last forever? I'll need to get a new one at some point. After I get a job, I guess I'll spring for a half way decent one that will allow me to get cable. Nothing fancy (no plasma TVs for me thanks), just something I can watch my favorite programs on occasionally.

Right now, I'm watching an NHL playoff game. I don't even follow hockey! But there is nothing else on at the moment.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--