Neko

Friday, April 21, 2006

In a snit, nose out of joint, pissed off....

Whatever you prefer to call it, Jeff was having one/in one this morning.

My sister called to ask Jeff if he would watch Joey while she attended the Land Run festivities at Amalia and Marc's school (the Oklahoma Land Run anniversary is tomorrow). Jeff asked if I could take him, and I asked if he would pay for gas, because we were really low and gas is creeping up towards the $3 mark. He said he would (rather reluctantly).

He gets in the van and he's all like slamming stuff around and I wasn't in the mood to put up with this. He's po'ed that he had to pay for gas just to go to Tori's. "If I were asking you to take me to the mall, that's one thing..." he says.

I cut him off, telling him that since he was going to Tori's to make money, he should have to pay for the gas to get him there, just like the rest of us do to get to their place of employment. If he didn't like that, he could get out and walk to his aunt's house.

We get to the gas station and he goes in to pay for the gas (sulking all the way), and I pumped. Gas today was $2.72 a friggin' gallon! Five bucks got us all of a gallon and change (not even two gallons!), but it was enough to get us there, and get me back home.

Once we got to Tori's, Jeff saw the error of his ways (I guess...) and he was civil. Joey, however, was a clinging vine, not letting his mother get ready to leave. Once she did manage to leave the house, Joey was clinging to Jeff, asking Jeff to fix his train (Joey has lots of trains, but this was one he got for his birthday three weeks ago).

When I left, Joey just said bye. He used to have a fit (much like when his mother left), but I guess he figures if I leave, Mommy will be home eventually.

=====

My friend in Massachusetts, JC, is now on myspace. I finally wrote him that email I said I'd write earlier this week. He told me in the email he sent me in response about his myspace address. Things are going well for him despite the setbacks he's had in the past year. He has an art show in August, and is doing a lot of freelance work.

=====

I was going to write something about Saon's phone call from the other night, but I don't want to. There's really nothing there to report that I haven't already said or alluded to before. He was in a snit, too, come to think of it.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--