Neko

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Oklahoma Funeral Protection Act

signed into law last Friday (March 3rd) by Governor Brad Henry, WORKS!!!

The cowards from that church in Kansas stayed away from a military funeral in Ponca City today.

The way I understand it, protesters cannot be within 500 feet of a funeral one hour before to one hour after the service. It is a misdemenor offense, and any children the protesters bring with them (and they have taught their hatred to them as well) will be placed in the custody of the state of Oklahoma.

Personally, I'd run them out of the USA, since they hate it here so much, but it's not up to me. Oklahoma's not the only state with this type of law.

I'm glad. If it were my son who had died in Iraq and those nutjobs came to his funeral with their hate filled claptrap, they'd have to deal with me.

I may not always agree with my country's policies (and there are precious few that I do agree with... our ports run by Dubai? Don't think so, George!), but this is the USA, and we're damn lucky to live here. If some don't like it here, go to Iraq and see if you like it better there.

Zipping my lip now. But it's nice that the funeral protection law does what it was designed for.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--