Neko

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A nice long walk

That's what I did with two hours of my time this afternoon... something I've not been able to do for about two years now.

Walk all the way from my house to the 7-11 at Sante Fe and Danforth... and back!

Yeah, my knees are still a little sore, and I took a nap during the news, but it felt so good to get out there on a somewhat nice day and walk without much effort. My feet didn't even bother me much.

A couple of years ago, I couldn't do this. I was just so, well, bleh. The FMS may have played a big part in why I couldn't. It was too exhausting to even think about, much less do. And I spent much of 2004 in a deep blue funk, and I know that didn't help matters either.

I think a lot of my renewed vigor has to do with forcing myself to get up everyday and go to school. I was in the right frame of mind to learn something new, something I've always wanted to do. And the friends I made during that time, that I could express my real self, the self that I like to see in the mirror each morning, means a lot to me.

I am so not like the person I was two years ago, three years ago. I actually like who I am now.

And I got all this out of taking a walk... I'm abso-friggin-lutely amazing!

Wouldn't you agree?



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--