Neko

Friday, March 10, 2006

Essay: A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free.

I've never been a person who ever did anything conventionally.

I never fit into the "soccer mom" mentality. I'm an outsider, and I'm different, and I'm friggin proud of it!

I've done things that I am not particularly proud of, and paid my dues for some of those things. But, the things that I've done to improve my life are the things I am most proud of.

I'm writing again, in little spurts... not in the prolific way I had been the last few years, and that's okay for now. I am in the process of making a dream come true that began a year ago this week. I have friends here, and I'm trying not to let my fears and doubts consume me.

This week, someone told me I was hard to figure out, and I chose to take it as a compliment. I'm not a predictable person, and I do like to shake things up occasionally. But sometimes, I want the things everyone else has; right now, I'd love to have someone in my life, someone to share my (mis)adventures with. Maybe it's not the right time, or the karma's not right, or the moon and stars have to align just so before that will happen, I don't know.

Someone told me a while back to not censor myself on my blog, and to be myself. That's what I've been doing since my marriage ended. I do try to not hurt feelings with what I write here, and I think I've done a pretty good job.

Sometimes, you have to walk on the wild side, to get a little crazy, to need "a little madness" to make life interesting. Throw caution to the wind sometimes and do something that isn't the norm for you. I joined a carnival and dated a man a dozen years my junior; I went to school to become a broadcaster; There is so much more I want to do...

Do you dare "cut the rope and be free"?

Only you can answer that.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--